Cannon Memorial Library already partners with BetterWorldBooks as part of the university's commitment to social and environmental justice.
Beth Henry, Technical Services Librarian/Associate Professor, has this to say about the partnership:
"[Better World Books] is the premiere no-cost program in North America, currently partnering with over 1,400 libraries:
· They take discarded and donated materials and sell them online to generate funding for both libraries and nonprofit literacy initiatives;
· They cover ALL shipping costs (no reimbursement charges!) [They send us the boxes for shipping and prepay UPS.];
· Their Prescreen Tool allows us to determine which books to send;
· They are a consistent outlet for weeded and donated material including antiquarian, rare and collectable items;
· We share a commitment to the environment—they make sure that our unwanted books never go to landfills.
"Books that don’t sell and qualify for the program go to Books for Africa."
To donate books, please contact the library or stop by the front circulation desk.